If you receive an electronic file for your deposits, you can import that into RPM using Import ACH Deposits on the File, Import/Export menu. Details are below. Click Help when the screen is open to see the full help topic.
There are three standard formats available: a CSV file, a fixed length file or a NACHA file. A NACHA file is the preferred option.
The CSV file is a comma delimited file with the following fields:
- Transaction Date (formatted as mm/dd/yy or mm/dd/yyyy)
- Social Security Number/Claim Number (numbers/letters only – no dashes)
- Deposit Type
- Client Name
The fixed length text file is a text file with the following format:
- Transaction Date: 8 characters, positions 1- 8
- Amount: 10 characters, positions 9 – 18
- Social Security Number: 9 characters, positions 19 – 27
- Claim Number: 3 characters, positions 28 – 30
- Deposit Type: 50 characters, positions 31 – 80
- Client Name: 50 characters, positions 81 – 130
A NACHA file is a standard banking industry file format.
If your file is in another format, RPM can be customized to use your bank’s file format. We can provide a quote for adding a custom deposit file format to the import process. Send a sample file from your bank to receive a quote.
Regardless of the file format, though, the file must contain the information below and should be one line in the file for each deposit record:
- Transaction Date
- Deposit Amount
- Social Security or Claim #
- Deposit Type (SSI, SSA, etc. – RPM deposit category)
- Client Name (optional – for displaying unmatched deposits)
Samples of the standard files are below. You can download and unzip the sample files. Use Notepad, not Excel, to open the sample files to view.